AOTA Fieldwork Educator Certificate Workshop-Western Michigan University
NOTICE: LOCATION HAS CHANGED
Western Michigan University
College of Health and Human Services
Occupational Therapy Department
1903 West Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5333
March 15-16, 2014 (Registration deadline: March 5)
Instructors: Sara Clark and Rebecca Ozelie
Earn 15 Contact Hours (1.5 AOTA CEUs/15 NBCOT PDUs)
As an occupational therapy fieldwork educator, your knowledge, supervision, and direction are critical to the success of your students and to the future of occupational therapy. AOTA is pleased to offer you the opportunity to advance your skills in this important area at the AOTA Fieldwork Educator Certificate Program!
What you can expect to gain from this unique 2-day training for fieldwork educators and academic fieldwork coordinators—
- Deeper understanding of your role as a fieldwork educator
- Effective strategies to integrate learning theories and supervision models
- Increased skills to provide high-quality educational opportunities during fieldwork experiences
- Interaction with trainers through dialogue and reflections about fieldwork
- Engagement in 4 curricular modules: administration, education, supervision, and evaluation
- Analysis of strategies to support best practice in fieldwork education
- Continuing education credit (15 contact hours) toward licensure renewal
Michaelle Bielecki at firstname.lastname@example.org
All refund requests must be received by AOTA by e-mail 1 week prior to workshop date; refunds will not be issued after that date. Refunds will be forwarded, less 20% processing fee, after the actual program, or you may choose to transfer your full registration fee to another AOTA workshop by calling 877-404-2682, 1 week prior to original workshop date. Partial refunds will not be issued.
If a workshop does not meet the minimum registration quota 1 week before the workshop date, it may be cancelled. Individuals registered for a cancelled workshop will be notified and will receive a full refund. In the event of a cancellation, AOTA is not responsible for expenses incurred, including but not limited to airline tickets, other travel, food or room.