CE on CD - Using the Occupational Therapy Practice Guidelines for Adults with Stroke to Enhance Your Practice
Presented by Joyce Sabari, PhD, OTR, FAOTA
Earn .2 AOTA CEU (2.5 NBCOT PDUs/2 contact hours)
This course is available in two formats: CD-ROM or online. Please order this product if you want the CD-ROM. If you prefer to order the online format, click here.
Practice guidelines are developed by many health professions to promote the use of evidence-based interventions for the goals of improving client care, enhancing consumer satisfaction, and facilitating inter-disciplinary communication. AOTA has published practice guidelines related to a variety of client populations and areas of occupational therapy intervention. This CEonCD™ presentation will focus on the Occupational Therapy Practice Guidelines for Adults With Stroke. Course participants will learn key considerations for occupational therapy intervention, depending on whether the client is in the acute phase after stroke, the rehabilitation phase, or the phase of continuing adjustment.
Findings from published research that guide best practice in occupational therapy intervention with the stroke population will also be presented.
- Neuroscience literature about neural plasticity will be linked to the practice of providing task-based environmental challenges to promote recovery of motor and cognitive function in stroke survivors.
- Research literature related to the outcomes of remediation interventions.
- Results of outcome studies of occupational therapy interventions designed to improve task and role performance.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify multi-faceted occupational therapy programs that match your clients’ current status and help them attain their maximal physical, cognitive-perceptual and social potential.
- Delineate which occupational therapy interventions for adults with stroke are supported by research evidence and discuss implications for practice, education and research.
- Differentiate the research evidence that supports your interventions when communicating with other health professionals, administrators, and reimburses.
Required Reading: Occupational Therapy Practice Guidelines for Adults With Stroke is necessary reading to successfully complete the course.
Adults with Stroke SET
Purchase them together and save 15% on each.
AOTA Members: $107.95
For information on exam, retake exam, certificate and return policy, please see our "Customer Serivce" page.