CE on CD - AOTA/Genesis: Seating and Positioning for Productive Aging: An Occupation-Based Approach
Presented by Felicia Chew, MS, OTR, and Vickie Pierman, MSHA, OTR/L
Earn .4 AOTA CEUs (5 NBCOT PDUs/4 Contact Hours)
This course is available in two formats: CD-ROM or online. Please order this product if you want the CD-ROM. If you prefer to order the online format, click here.
The American Occupational Therapy Association and Genesis Rehab Services are pleased to have collaborated on this CE on CD(TM). The course reviews seating and positioning from evaluation to outcome, with a concentration on interventions. The seating and positioning information reviewed will be applicable to a variety of settings, including skilled nursing facilities, home health, rehab centers, assisted living communities, and others. The content primarily addresses manual wheelchair mobility.
The purpose of this CE on CD (TM) course is to facilitate an occupation-based approach to seating and positioning and to support the Centennial Vision goal for the profession of advancing productive aging in older adults. It is through this educational opportunity that occupational therapy can enhance the lives of the clients served and allow them to live life to its fullest. Occupational therapy offers a unique contribution to the challenges of seating and positioning using an occupation-based approach.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify programmatic and clinical elements that contribute to a successful seating and positioning program
- Recognize regulatory impact on seating and positioning
- Identify the performance skills and client factors that need to be addressed as part of the process of occupational therapy that results in seating and positioning intervention to support productive aging
- Identify triggers that would indicate a need for a comprehensive seating and positioning evaluation
- Identify elements of a comprehensive seating and positioning evaluation
- Recognize the importance of the client's ability to engage in occupations to support participation in context(s)
For information on exam, retake exam, certificate and return policy, please see our "Customer Serivce" page.