CE on CD - Staying Updated in School-Based Practice
Presenters: Yvonne Swinth, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, and Mary Muhlenhaupt, OTR/L, FAOTA
Earn .15 AOTA CEUs (1.88 NBCOT PDUs/1.5 contact hours)
This course is available in two formats: CD-ROM or online. Please order this product if you want the CD-ROM. If you prefer to order the online format, click here.
This CE on CD™ will provide participants with information and practical strategies they can use to keep current with issues, trends and new knowledge related to providing services for children and youth in the public schools. Topics include current legislation such as the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA 2004), the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Ideas and approaches will be presented that can be implemented by an individual occupational therapy practitioner or in collaboration with other colleagues or members of a school district team. Through this CE on CD™, participants will explore web-based resources, resource manuals, education sources, collaborative methods and more. Strategies are included to help participants find, use, and apply new information in their practice to promote student participation in the curriculum and across school activities.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to
- Identify at least two strategies they will use to stay current in order to implement optimal occupational therapy services for children and youth.
- Identify key criteria in evaluating the credibility of a resource.
- Identify at least 4 pieces of information (e.g., professional roles document) that build a foundation for school-based practice.
- Identify resources for learning about changes in legislation that are relevant to school-based practice.
- Recognize how to collaborate with other members of the education team to implement current, evidence-based approaches that support participation in the education curriculum by students with disabilities.
For information on exam, retake exam, certificate and return policy, please see our "Customer Serivce" page.