CE on CD - Model of Human Occupation Screening Tool (MOHOST): Theory, Content, and Purpose
Presented by Gary Kielhofner, DrPH, OTR/L, FAOTA; Lisa Castle, MBA, OTR/L; Supriya Sen, OTR/L; and Sarah Skinner, MEd, OTR/L
Earn .4 AOTA CEUs (5 NBCOT PDUs/4 contact hours)
This course teaches the use of a new assessment, the Model of Human Occupation Screening Tool (MOHOST), an occupation-focused, comprehensive, and easy-to-administer tool Therapists can use a variety of information from observation, interview, chart review, and proxy reports to complete the MOHOST. This flexibility makes the assessment practical to administer with a wide range of clients at different functional levels.
Psychometric data on the MOHOST indicate that it is reliable, valid, and sensitive to detecting change (Forsyth et al., in press; Parkinson, Forsyth, & Kielhofner, 2004). The MOHOST yields an overall score that reflects influences on occupational participation and 5 subscale scores that reflect motivation, pattern, motor skills, process skills, communication and interaction skills, and environmental factors that influence participation. Guidelines for translating the assessment results into treatment goals have been developed. The assessment has been successfully used in a wide range of practice settings.
The MOHOST is required text for successful completion of the course. A pdf copy of the MOHOST is part of the course content and maybe be printed in its entirety or by sections as needed.
MOHOST course participants will learn how the assessment is administered, interpreted, used to set treatment goals, and used to assess change in clients. Features include
- Overview of assessment and psychometric properties
- Illustration of use across a variety of contexts
- Case examples
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to
- Delineate the theoretical base, content, and purpose of the MOHOST
- Identify evidence concerning the dependability of the MOHOST
- Identify situations and clients for whom the MOHOST is appropriate
- Recognize how to administer the MOHOST
- Delineate findings from the MOHOST
- Recognize how to integrate the MOHOST into various intervention settings and populations.
For information on exam, retake exam, certificate and return policy, please see our "Customer Serivce" page.