Online Course: Occupational Therapy in Action: Using the Lens of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework: Domain and Process, 2nd Edition
Presented by Susanne Smith Roley, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, and Janet DeLany, DEd, OTR/L, FAOTA
Earn .6 AOTA CEUs (7.5 NBCOT PDU/6 contact hours)
AOTA is pleased to present the new online course Occupational Therapy in Action: Using the Lens of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, 2nd Edition. The focus of the course is on understanding occupational therapy and the occupational therapy process as described in the 2008 second edition of the Framework This new course builds on the original Framework course developed to supplement the first edition of the Framework in 2002.
It is strongly recommended that readers access the Framework 2nd Edition as they take this course.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Delineate the focus of occupational therapy and the profession's contribution to health and participation through engagement in occupation.
- Identify the occupational therapy domain and the way in which it informs practice.
- Identify unifying concepts of occupational therapy that guide practice.
- Recognize practitioner-client collaboration as the central feature of occupational therapy.
- Delineate clinical and professional reasoning and its contributions to the occupational therapy process.
- Delineate the evaluation process to determine the focus of intervention.
- Recognize how to plan and implement intervention to support the goal of health and participation for the client.
- Identify the similarities and differences in interventions provided to individuals, populations, and organizations.
- Identify the way in which documentation is formulated with regard to occupation-centered outcomes related to participation and health.
- Recognize the importance of using outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of occupational therapy services.
Click here for Customer Service Q&A to find information on shipping, technical requirements, examination, return policy, and more.