Get an AOTA Digital Badge on Path to Leadership to share your learning accomplishment when you complete the required CE.
Click here for details
Ginny Stoffel, PhD, OT, BCMH, FAOTA
Nancy Stanford-Blair, PhD
Midge Hobbs, MA, OTR/L
EARN: 1 Contact Hour/1 NBCOT PDU
This module supports the exploration of leadership from the inside out through the identification of core values, purpose, and person mission, leading to authentic and trusting relationships with others.
This module will help you to identify what you want to accomplish with your life and create a personal trajectory to put you on a mindful path toward your preferred future.
Following this course, the practitioner will be able to:
1) Define leadership, service and the concept of leading to serve
2) Describe the role of leadership and purpose within the context of personal life stories in order to develop a personal leadership trajectory
3) Identify personal core values and purpose, including the importance of authenticity and building trust
4) Identify congruent leadership behaviors and how they can amplify capacity
5) Apply leadership knowledge and skills to their professional leadership opportunities
6) Reflect on personal leadership trajectory: past, present and future
Learning Level: Beginner
Key words: Professional skills, leadership, professional development
Content Focus: Category 3: Professional Skills
Target audience: Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants