Get an AOTA Digital Badge on Path to Leadership to share your learning accomplishment when you complete the required CE.
Click here for details
Course Authors: Midge Hobbs, MA, OTR/L and Amy Jo Lamb, OTD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Series Editor: Midge Hobbs, MA, OTR/L
Earn .2 CEU (NBCOT 2.5 PDUs/2 contact hours)
Welcome to the third module in A Mindful Path to Leadership Series: Mentoring and Leadership. This module explores the roles and responsibilities associated with being a mentor and mentee, and identifies strategies for finding a mentor. Potential structures and models for different mentoring relationships are explored, along with strategies for managing the challenges associated with the mentoring process. Personality tests and professional development tools for improving leadership skills are presented, and the importance of incorporating reflective practice and outcome evaluation in the mentoring process is addressed.
Mobile Access – this course is easily viewed on a tablet making learning portable and facilitating on-the-job access to resources. (Transcripts are available for audio clips on iPads.)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
· Describe the roles and responsibilities associated with being a mentor and mentee, and strategies for finding a mentor.
· Identify personal mentoring strengths and needs, including use of personality tests and learning style questionnaires.
· Give examples of structures for different mentoring relationships.
· Describe strategies for managing the challenges associated with mentoring, including setting boundaries.
· Identify examples of effective communication strategies, including giving and receiving constructive feedback.
· Develop a plan to implement mentoring skills, including leveraging personal experience and connections to help others succeed.
Learning Level: Introductory
Target Audience: Occupational Therapy Practitioners
Topics: Across Practice Areas/General Practice, Administration & Management, Continuing
Keywords: Leadership, Management, Continuing Education