Tracey L. Davis, MOT, OTR/L
Director of Clinical Affairs for TalkPath Live, a Telehealth company for children and adults in the school and private pay settings.
Earn: .3 AOTA CEUs (3.75 NBCOT PDUs/3 contact hours)
An e-mail address is required for online courses. You will receive an e-mail confirmation directly from Treatment 2 Go the next business day with access information. Access emails will not be sent for purchases made on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and/or holidays until the next business day.
Telehealth: Demystified is a basic course designed for occupational therapy practitioners to learn about the emerging niche of telehealth as a service delivery model. Practitioners will obtain insight to the benefits of this service delivery model and review how to incorporate it into an existing practice. Current research and how it can be applied to practice will enable therapists to gain confidence adapting skill sets to the virtual world. Personal reflection will be utilized to apply concepts to real world situations.
1. Recognize treatments considered telehealth.
2. Identify the official position of AOTA regarding telehealth.
3. Identify therapeutic activities for use in the telehealth model.
4. Identify which clients would be ideal for telehealth, and what contraindications might exist.
5. Discuss the steps to implement a telehealth practice.
2. History and definition of telehealth
3. Current research and areas of practice
4. Current legislation
5. Benefits and challenges
6. Making the switch to telehealth
7. Adapting activities to telehealth model
8. Example of OT sessions
9. Telehealth evaluations
10. Case studies
Learning level: Intermediate
AOTA: Professional issues, Occupational Therapy Process