Terri Roberts, OTD, OTR/L, CHT, CLT
Private practice and California Orthopedic Institute
Earn: .3 AOTA CEUs (3.75 NBCOT PDUs/3 contact hours)
An e-mail address is required for online courses. You will receive an e-mail confirmation directly from Treatment 2 Go the next business day with access information. Access emails will not be sent for purchases made on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and/or holidays until the next business day.
This course focuses on understanding the depth of burns & optimal treatment planning. This course will provide an overview and in-depth knowledge on the subjects of burns, flaps, and grafts.
1. Identify key evaluation aspects in regards to burns, flaps, and grafts.
2. Differentiate surgical intervention and reconstruction techniques.
3. Recognize Immersive Virtual Reality used as a pain management modality.
4. Identify critical wound care terms, identifying markers, and characteristics to improve your plan of care.
5. Identify complications that may occur in a burned hand/upper extremity.
1. Burn Classification
3. Surgical Intervention
4. Pain Management
6. Wound Care
7. Pressure Garments
AOTA category: OT Process: intervention; Domain: Client factors