Earn .5 CEUs (6.25 NBCOT PDUs/5 contact hours)
Each course can also be purchased separately
In November 2019, AOTA presented the AOTA Specialty Conference PDGM Navigating Payment Changes in Home Health and AOTA is now making available sessions from this valuable conference event an online CE Course Series. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently published its final rule for the CY 2019 Home Health (HH) Prospective Payment System (PPS). The rule includes a revised case-mix methodology called the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM), set to take effect on January 1, 2020.
This CE Course Series will prepare you for PDGM changes.
At the conclusion of the workshop the learner(s) will be able to:
- Describe the effect PDGM will have on the delivery of occupational therapy services.
- Discuss how PDGM promotes a more holistic view of patients, their needs, and outcomes.
- Describe how practitioners can meet the PDGM outcomes through patient–driven, evidence-informed, occupation-based interventions.
- Explain how practitioners can contribute to the OASIS and how OASIS items can relate to the value of occupational therapy.
- Describe PDGM quality outcomes and their relationship to OT practice and Medicare program requirements.
- Identify, measure and report occupational therapy quality outcomes in this context.
- Identify the tools needed for designing and delivering patient-driven, evidence-informed, occupation-based, evaluations and interventions.
- Connect information obtained through OT evaluations and interventions to outcomes.