This badge is available after completing the required courses (including Essentials courses).
Elevate your practice and get the information you need to be the best OT or OTA that you can be. Whether you’re looking to master a new set of skills or gain a deeper understanding of a topic of interest, AOTA’s Micro Credentials will give you the knowledge and skills you need to better serve your clients, and will set you on your path to earning an AOTA professional certificate.
What is a micro credential?
A micro credential is issued upon completion of a set of required thematically connected courses and three essentials courses that are specifically chosen for the micro credential that you are earning. The micro credential provides acknowledgement of your growing knowledge base and can either be completed as a step to the professional certificate or completed for its own merits without advancement to a certificate—it is considered a stand-alone designation.
This Course Bundle:
· The Ethical and Professional Obligation to Address Driving When Delivering Occupational Therapy Services
· The Impact of Visual Dysfunction on IADLs Including Driving and Community Mobility
· Community Mobility: Interventions for Functional Cognition
· The IADL of Driving & Community Mobility: Understanding the Client, Occupation and Environment
· Occupational Therapy Intervention: Driving & Community Mobility Priorities for Older Adults
· Screening and Evaluation of Driving Risk
Additional Required Courses (these must be completed before earning this microcredential and are NOT included in this course bundle):
· Promotion, Prevention, and Intervention in Mental Health
· Introduction to Functional Cognition
· Population Health: Discovering New Opportunities