These Essentials courses are required for completion of the 3 micro credentials that comprise the School-Based Practice Professional Certificate.
Occupational therapy is ever evolving. As a holistic profession, we are not only responsible for staying abreast of changes in healthcare, but also of changes in the social and organizational spheres that impact our clients. To ensure that practitioners working towards a professional certificate have the benefit of information that will ground required course content, we have created the Essentials course series.
When starting your professional certificate or micro credential journey, it is recommended that you begin with the required Essentials courses. However, there is no required order of completion if you prefer to take them after starting your work toward the required micro credentials.
Please remember that the three Essentials courses only need to be taken one time for each professional certificate. They must be completed prior to obtaining any of the micro credentials or taking the integration course for the professional certificate.
The Essentials courses required for the School-Based Practice Professional Certificate and/or the three associated micro credentials are as follows and included in this bundle:
· Module 1: Public Policy Supporting Occupational Therapy in Schools
· Module 2: The Role of Occupational Therapy in Public School Systems of Support
· Module 3: Occupational Therapy Contributions to the Individualized Education Program Under IDEA
Micro Credential Course Bundles:
• Supporting Academic Achievement in School-Based Practice Course Bundle
• Supporting Social and Emotional Wellbeing in K-12 Bundle
• Supporting Educational Transitions from K-12 to Adulthood Bundle
If you have already purchased any of the individual Essentials courses, please do not purchase this bundle. All courses can be purchased separately.
Use this screen to login to your MyAOTA.org account.
If you do not have an account please click Create Free Account.
If you need further help, contact us at email@example.com
Please log in with your AOTA account.
Create an account to get started