Elevate your practice and get the information you need to be the best OT or OTA that you can be. Whether you’re looking to master a new set of skills or gain a deeper understanding of a topic of interest, AOTA’s Micro Credentials will give you the knowledge and skills you need to better serve your clients, and will set you on your path to earning an AOTA professional certificate.
What is a micro credential?
A micro credential is issued upon completion of a set of required thematically connected courses and three essentials courses that are specifically chosen for the micro credential that you are earning. The micro credential provides acknowledgement of your growing knowledge base and can either be completed as a step to the School-Based Practice professional certificate or completed for its own merits without advancement to a certificate—it is considered a stand-alone designation.
Total Bundle Credit: .8 AOTA CEU, 8 Contact Hours, 10 NBCOT PDUs
This course bundle includes the following courses that are part of the "Supporting Academic Achievement in School Based Practice" micro credential and the Professional Certificate in School Based Practice:
· Assistive Technology, Universal Design for Learning, and School-Based Practice
· Cognition and Learning
· Interprofessional Collaborative Practices in Multi-Tiered Systems of Support in Schools
· Literacy: Handwriting and Written Expression to Enhance Participation
· Literacy: Reading to Enhance Participation
· Building a Foundation for School Practice Using AOTA Resources
Additional Required Courses (these must be completed before earning this micro credential and are NOT included in this course bundle):
· Module 1: Public Policy Supporting Occupational Therapy in Schools
· Module 2: The Role of Occupational Therapy in Public School Systems of Support
· Module 3: Occupational Therapy Contributions to the Individualized Education Program Under IDEA
Use this screen to login to your MyAOTA.org account.
If you do not have an account please click Create Free Account.
If you need further help, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please log in with your AOTA account.
Create an account to get started