PRICE REDUCED! 15 hours of CE for $99 for members!
The following course is available exclusively from AOTA Continuing Education by special arrangement with International Clinical Educators, Inc.
A course binder with DVDs and written resources is provided for self study. Retain the DVDs, written worksheets, practice labs and other learning resources as an easy to access resource. Complete the course exam online at AOTA Learn (aota.org/learn) and instantly receive your certificate and transcript to verify course completion.
Earn 15 contact hours (1.5 CEUs/18.75 NBCOT PDUs)
Teaching Independence provides the foundation for the therapeutic management of stroke survivors that every practitioner should know. Jan Davis demonstrates clear and concise step-by-step handling methods to improve functional mobility and self-care with stroke survivors requiring moderate and maximum assistance. This course contains more than 40 practice labs on topics such as: Bed Mobility, Transfers, Self-Care, Preventing Shoulder Pain and Improving Function and Awareness.
- Examples of wheelchair transfers (bed, car, sofa and high hospital beds)
- Facilitation of trunk and limb control during bed mobility
- Methods to improve the functional potential of the involved side
- Tips to improve body mechanics to decrease staff injuries
- Home exercises for stroke survivors
- Specific handling methods to prevent shoulder pain