Get an AOTA Digital Badge on Path to Leadership to share your learning accomplishment when you complete the required CE.
Click here for details
Ginny Stoffel, PhD, OT, BCMH, FAOTA
Nancy Stanford-Blair, PhD
Midge Hobbs, MA, OTR/L
EARN: 1.25 Contact Hour/1 NBCOT PDU
This is the second module in the A Mindful Path to Leadership Series. Building Leadership Skills will help develop your leadership skills across six dimensions of intelligence to support your ability to build capacity in yourself and others, build positive relationships, resolve conflicts and develop trust within teams. This module builds upon what you learned in the first module and will continue to facilitate your successful progression along your mindful path.
Following this course, the practitioner will be able to:
1) Identify six dimensions of intelligence and apply them to effective leadership actions.
2) Describe “how” you will apply mindful leadership.
3) Explain how to use collaborative negotiations to resolve conflicts.
4) Describe five important elements in the negotiation process.
5) Identify how to build organizational trust.
Learning Level: Beginner
Key words: Professional skills, leadership, professional development
Content Focus: Category 3: Professional Skills
Target audience: Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants