Presenter: Brent Braveman, PhD., OTR/L, FAOTA, Director, Department of Rehabilitation Services
Earn .1 AOTA CEU (1.25 NBCOT PDU/1 contact hour)
This course focuses on critical elements of building successful oncology rehabilitation programs. Strategies for scaling program development efforts including staff training and assessment/development of competencies are provided to help practitioners set priorities for where to put their energies given limited time and resources.
1. Describe the history of cancer care in the United states from the 1980s to today.
2. Identify and explain the critical elements of building successful oncology rehabilitation programs.
3. Describe the strategies for scaling program development efforts to fit various settings.
4. Describe the strategies for scaling staff training and the assessment and development of competencies given for various settings given limited resources.
5. Identify strategies for focusing on collaboration and avoiding competition?
Level: Intermediate level
Audience: OT and OTA practitioners