The following course is available exclusively from AOTA Continuing Education by special arrangement with International Clinical Educators, Inc.
Earn 15 contact hours (1.5 CEU/18.75 NBCOT PDUs)
This well-organized program on acute care provides essential guidelines for the safe and optimal care of stroke survivors in the ICU and acute hospital setting. Follow occupational therapists and physical therapists and as they begin their initial assessment and plan their intervention strategies with stroke survivors who are days post stroke. Observe the medical director and stroke team in action at a nationally certified stroke center of excellence, rated one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation.
- Evidence-Based treatment strategies in early intervention
- Specific handling methods for functional mobility and self-care
- Guidelines to determine when it is safe to sit or stand a patient
- Dealing with complex monitoring equipment in the ICU
- Protocols for aspiration precautions
- Therapeutic use of the hospital room
- Discharge planning
A course binder with DVDs and written resources is provided for self study. Retain the DVDs with written worksheets, practice labs and other learning resources as an easy to access resource. Complete the course exam online at AOTA Learn (aota.org/learn) and instantly receive your certificate and transcript to verify course completion.